It seems like summer just started (probably because it is still HOT outside), but our kiddos will be heading back to school in just a few days. Here are a few tips to save time, money and sanity in the bustle of back to school.
Spend Smarter on Back to School Shopping
Binders, folders, and rules seem to truly be standing the test of time. The good thing about this is that you probably have these lying around at home! Start by sweeping your own drawers and closets for reusable goods, such as notebooks, pens, pencils and more. If you do need to go shopping, follow your provided supplies list to ensure you don’t overspend. Also, you might consider buying some items in bulk if it’s cheaper, you’ll probably be needing it next year!
If your little ones need some new tech like a laptop, tablet or smart device, for the start of school, wait as late as possible to purchase. Retailers tend to roll out the best deals later in the back-to-school season – not right away. This not only allows them to clear inventory for the new tech coming in, but also allows you to score the very best deal.
Make sure to set limits on clothes shopping before heading out to the store.
When school starts back for kids after a long summer, there are definitely mixed emotions. It’s tough for parents and kids alike to get adjusted to the school flow. Never fear, we have some helpful tips for the parents out there who struggle with starting the school routine or the extreme organization school often requires!
• Hang a family calendar and color-code everyone’s activities
• Gather all school forms as they arrive.
• Create a family station where you can find what you need as you head out the door
• Set up an in/out box for school forms
• Look at online organizational websites for tips
• Discuss goals for the year
• Institute a night quiet hour
• Reach out to your child’s teacher
• Get involved with your child’s teachers and school events
• Create a homework station