The Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) Board of Directors has elected a new board chair and co-chair for the 2020 fiscal year.
Rhonda Beasley of Rock Springs has been selected as chair out of the 15-person board with Dr. Michele W. Taylor of Calhoun serving as vice-chair. The GNTC Board of Directors is comprised up of representatives from its nine service areas.
Beasley currently works for the Roper Corporation and was recently featured in the Georgia Institute of Technology’s faces of Manufacturing in Georgia. Beasley holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Berry College as well as a master’s degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Vice-chair Taylor is the current superintendent for Calhoun City Schools, a role she has held for the past 13 years. She was selected as Georgia Superintendent of the Year in 2014 and was also a finalist for the National Superintendent of the Year. Taylor holds several degrees including a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education from Shorter University, a master’s degree from West Georgia College and doctorate degrees in Educational Leadership from Sarasota University.
The board meets monthly to ensure quality technical education and workforce development opportunities are being supported throughout the communities of northwest Georgia.
Listed are members of GNTC’s Board of Directors showing (left to right) the Board member’s name, county, place of employment, and title:
- Chair Rhonda Beasley, Walker, Roper Corporation, manager of Human Resources
- Robert L. (Bob) Berry, Floyd, Brinson Askew Berry
- Robert Bradham, Whitfield, Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce, president and CEO
- Vann Brown, Whitfield, Brown Ox Ventures, Inc., president
- Dr. James Cantrell, Dade, Dade County Board of Education, director of School Operations
- James “Jay” Henry, Catoosa, Shaw Industries, director of Operations Support
- Albert “Al” Hodge, Floyd, Hodge Consulting
- Paul Meredith, Chattooga, Mohawk, director of Manufacturing
- William “Terry” Nesbitt, Gordon, U. S. Army, retired Major General
- Robert “Bob” Owens, Floyd, OTR Wheel Engineering, Inc., chief financial officer
- Brittany Pittman, Murray
- Kenna Stock, Floyd, Harbin Clinic, chief executive officer
- Vice-chair Michele Taylor, Gordon, Calhoun City Schools, superintendent
- John Thomas, Whitfield, Dalton Utilities, chief energy services officer
- Cassandra Wheeler, Floyd, Georgia Power, northwest regional director
- Dr. Phillip Williams, Chattooga, Trion City Schools, superintendent
Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) provides quality workforce education to the citizens of Northwest Georgia. Students have the opportunity to earn an associate degree, diploma, or a certificate in business, health, industrial, or public service career paths. This past year, 12,785 people benefited from GNTC’s credit and noncredit programs. With an annual credit enrollment of 7,499 students, GNTC is the largest college in Northwest Georgia. GNTC has an additional enrollment of 5,286 people through adult education, continuing education, business and industry training, and Georgia Quick Start. For more information about GNTC, visit us at www.GNTC.edu. GNTC is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia and an Equal Opportunity Institution