The Salvation Army of Rome announced this week that the annual red kettle campaign raised just over $83,000.
The money raised will be used to provide vital community programs and services to the residents of the City of Rome and Floyd, Chattooga and Polk Counties.
The Salvation Army Angel Tree provided over 1,535 gifts to 307 children and seniors. Gifts were also distributed to nursing homes residents, shut-ins and children of the Youth Detention Center.
Funds raised through the Annual Red Kettle Campaign are used to provide vital social service programs and services such as the grocery assistance program, daily community meal, rent and utility assistance, and emergency shelter for men and women. In 2018, funds helped:
- 123 families received utility assistance
- 51 families received rental assistance
- 1,376 families received grocery assistance provided by Can-A-Thon donations
- 5,457 nights of lodging provided to men and women experiencing homelessness
- 11,111 meals were served through the community feeding program
To support The Salvation Army, a tax-deductible donation can be made online by visiting SalvationArmyRome.org or by mail: P.O. Box 5188, Rome, GA 30162.