Nine Tips to Prepare Your House for Cold Weather
Colder weather is here, and with cold weather comes higher heating bills.
We found some helpful information that should make the Winter months a little more bearable. Here is a Top-9 list to prepare your house for the bitter cold:
9. Have your lawn-irrigation system professionally drained.
8. Trim landscaping.
7. Turn off exterior faucets.
6. Add extensions to downspouts so water runs at least 3 to 4 feet away from the foundation.
5. Clean the gutters.
4. Caulk around windows and doors.
3. Make necessary roof repairs.
2. Buy a programmable thermostat.
1. Tune up your heating system.
Here’s to a warm and happy Winter!
Thanks to consumerist.com for the great tips!