It’s July: the kids are out of school, you’re enjoying trips to the beach and all of the joys of summer. But, did you realize the first day of school is coming up quickly? Where did the summer go?
Preparing for back to school can be expensive. Families are known to spend upwards of $500 for back to school clothes, supplies, and other August necessities. Whew! That’s a lot of money, so we started looking for good deals and tips to save money during this back to school shopping frenzy.
- Go through your school supplies at home before going to the store. Only buy things you don’t already have at home.
- Stick to the teacher’s list. The teacher knows what students will need, no need to pick up any extras.
- Check out Staples and their awesome 25 cent deals.
- Use hand-me-down supplies from older siblings.
- Shop for clothes at outlet malls. You can find great deals at the end of the summer.
- Set limits on clothes before heading out to the store.
Don’t forget the tax free weekend coming up! You can shop tax free the first weekend of August. If you can put off most of your purchases until after the start of school, this is another great way to save a little cash. Be sure to check out the tax exempt list here (http://georgia.gov/blog/2014-07-29/back-school-tax-free-holiday) to see which items qualify.