Floyd County Police Chief Bill Shiflett announced the appointment of Major Mark Wallace to Assistant Chief of Police for the Floyd County Police Department.
The purpose and function of the Assistant Chief classification will be to assist the Police Chief and to perform managerial administrative activities. To Supervise, direct and evaluate assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, as well overseeing and evaluating police services while determining proficiency levels and to identify areas requiring improvement; formulate and execute an action plans to correct the deficiencies.
- Wallace was promoted to Sergeant Investigator January 1, 1989.
- Promoted to Lieutenant Investigator March 23, 2003.
- Promoted to Captain of the Patrol Division February 24, 2005.
- Promoted to Major – Commander ofInvestigations Division December 16, 2010
- Promoted to Assistant Chief February 22, 2016.
“The Floyd County Police Department is very fortunate to have someone of Mark’s character, Shiflett said in a press release. “He was raised in our beautiful city. He chose to join our police department as a young man and has worked his way through the ranks to become an outstanding leader of our department. He has committed thirty six years of his life to the department and community. We are very fortunate that our county leadership encourages us to stay within our ranks to develop future leadership, which in itself is a great benefit and shows a great deal of pride and trust to our officers.”