The Polk County Chamber of Commerce recently named Bussey`s Florist as its 2014 Small Business of the Year. Bussey`s was nominated by chamber members earlier in the year and the announcement came late last week. The Polk County Chamber recognizes a small business (20 employees or less) as the Small Business of the Year.
The Polk County Chamber said that 80 percent of its membership is small business owners.
- Chamber members are solicited to nominate their favorite business for the Small Business of the Year Award. These nominees are sent an application requiring answers to the following information:
- Ongoing Growth and Success (Increase in Employees, Expansions, etc.)
- Community Involvement
- Creative Approaches to Management and/ or Other Business Innovations
- Impact on the Economy of Polk County
- Obstacles Overcome
- What else should we know about your business that would assist in the selection of the award recipient?
- This information is then sent to a third, unbiased party, which rates each business`s answer on a scale of 1-5.